I’ve been on a major facial mist/spray bender lately. I want to try everything! One that has been on my radar for a very long time is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hydrating Mist. I stalked Red Square online and any Elizabeth Arden counter I could find, but alas it was very delayed in becoming available to us PE gals. A few weeks ago Woolworths was having a beauty sale on and I decided to pop in and there it was! I grabbed a bottle and the 2nd item I bought to qualify for the promotion was the Clarins Hydra-Matte lotion that I chatted about in THIS post.
So what is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hydrating Mist?
Refresh, set, go! This refreshing facial mist instantly awakens the skin with a soothing touch of hydration in an ultra-fine spray. Powered by our superfruit blend, rich in antioxidants and vitamins, it leaves skin feeling reinvigorated and looking healthy. Mist in the morning, post-sweat, pre touch-up or before beauty sleep. Perfect for your on-the-go travel needs in a TSA approved size. Any occasion. Any situation.
What’s in it?
Superfruit Blend: Acai, Goji, Mangosteen, Noni and Pomegranate Fruit Extract along with Coffee Seed provide antioxidant protection for healthy-looking skin.
Apple Leaf Extract: Provides soothing relief to irritated skin.
I was interested in some of the ingredients and thought I’d do a little investigating:
- Goji berries contain a high amount of vitamin C, which is known to support firming and tightening and protect the skin from environmental stressors. It’s also been shown to help reduce the appearance of age spots.
- Mangosteen has been shown to reduce the risk of various conditions such as skin inflammation, skin aging, eczema, allergies, and bacterial infections.
- Coffee Seeds are high in fatty acids, leaving skin soft and smooth. Caffeine nourishes and tones skin, helping it remain smooth and young-looking.
All in all this seems like THE ultimate cocktail for your skin!
What do I think?
I love the ultra fine mist and how easy it is to use. When we went to Cape Town recently, this was a staple in my handbag. I used it in the car when my skin was feeling a bit tight. I used it during the hot days, before bed…basically anytime my skin felt in need of some TLC. Also I use it before my moisturiser or after I had powdered my face to just help the makeup look more natural and less powdery.
This doesn’t leave your skin feeling like you can skip moisturiser, but it leaves my skin feeling more awake and revived.
I also have a spot of eczema on my eyelid and I’ve been using this spray and I find it soothes the area and it’s helping to get rid of it. I could just use cortisone and be done with it in a few days, but I thought I’d really like to put the mist to the test, especially with the Mangosteen that claims to aid with eczema.
Do I love it?
Yes I do! I’ve gone through half a bottle already! I will definitely be repurchasing it if I run out, because this is a MUST HAVE for Summer! The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hydrating Mist retails for R350 at Woolworths.
I actually finished up this post, saved and finalised, when I realised I had this information sent to me a few weeks ago. Seeing as I’m featuring an Elizabeth Arden product, I thought perhaps I’d let you have the information on The Red Door Experience and it may be useful to you.
If you’re in Cape Town between the 23rd and 26th of November, you’re in for a treat if you can get to Canal Walk Shopping Centre’s Centre Court! Elizabeth Arden will be transforming it into a sought-after beauty destination, inspired by all the glamour and magnetic energy of New York City – the home of Elizabeth Arden. On the menu:
- Tone It UpTown – Ceramide Eye Massage: A youth-restoring massage with new Advanced Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Eye Serum.
- Booster Bar Customised Oxygen Blasts: A 15-minute spa refresher including cleansing and toning followed by a quick mist of Oxygen Blast serum.
- Tone It UpTown Ceramide Lifting Massage: Featuring new Advanced Ceramide Capsules with a relaxing facial massage to help lift, tone and restore.
- Tone It UpTown – Lifting Eye Treatment: Our unique eye service with microcurrent technology that targets hard-to-reach areas around the eyes.
- Lady Liperty: Inspired by the lovely Lady Liberty, this 10-minute lip facial is all about pout pampering and perfecting.
- Tone It UpTown Lifting Facial: Our age-defying, youth-restoring treatment with microcurrent technology to promote lifting and toning.
- Pampered Hands Treatment: A 15-minute express hand treatment using a combination of products to moisturise and hydrate hands.
- In A Red Door Minute – Makeup Lesson: Learn to create the latest beauty looks from brows that wow and a bold lip, to strobing and contouring.
There’s also so much more in store! The cost is R100 per person, available for purchase through Computicket. Ticket price is redeemable at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Experience Pop-Up Shop (23rd to 26th November). The event runs from 9am to 9pm.